Unseen and evil spirits.
Demons are powerful and malevolent beings that hurt and corrupt the living.
Demons were originally angels, but they were cast out of Heaven for rebelling against God. They work in the darkness, and act as corrupters and tempters, corrupting people by latching on to their darkest deeds. They cannot force people to do things, but only tempt and persuade. Then when the person is far enough gone, they will trick them into accepting them at which point they will possess them. The possession is not constant and is again linked to their hosts' sins. It also has a strong linkage to sexual behaviour.
Although seemingly without physical form, demons can take the forms of other people and use this to appear to their hosts, they do this to taunt and to seduce their hosts. They can even physically interact with them, but other people cannot see them. They can also reveal black eyes in what ever form they take to show their true nature. When possessing someone their hosts eyes will sometimes flash milky white. Vampires can apparently sense their presence in a host regardless of whether they show themselves or not.
Demons are sadistic creatures, bestial and violent in their behaviour. They long for the death of mankind and to take vengeance against God for throwing them out of Heaven.
Known Demons Edit
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Possession: Demons can possess humans, apparently if the host is willing after being seduced by the demon.
- Psychokinesis: Demons can cause objects to move, such as causing doors to slam and windows to shatter, or even causing multiple objects to fly through the air. They have not demonstrated this outside of a host.
- Levitation: Demons can cause the person they are possessing to levitate into the air and actually hover there.
- Inhuman agility: When in a host, Demons can cause their host to pull off incredible feats of agility, jumping high into the air, and climbing on bare walls.
- Clairvoyance: Demons have shown signs of clairvoyance, able to sense and know information about others such as their sins, past, or choices.
- Enhanced strength: The demon possessing Vanessa was strong enough to break the ropes restraining her, and it took three men to restrain her while she was possessed. 
- Exorcisms: Demons can be banished by having an exorcism performed correctly. However in the case of something going wrong this can make the process worse.
- Catholic symbols and prayers: Ethan was able to either temporarily or partially exorcise the demon possessing Vanessa through Saint Jude's prayer and a medallion bearing her likeness. It is unknown if all prayers would have this affect; a Saint Jude's is held as to be used only in the most desperate circumstances.